From its inception Direct Line focused purely on car insurance deals over the telephone. However, over the last 25 years, it has broadened its range of products and services including businesses abroad in Germany and Italy.
Voted Britain’s Most Trusted Insurance Brand 2009, Direct Line has enhanced its reputation over the years by providing a number products and services, and UK-based customer service.
Direct Line car insurance works to help its customers offset their carbon emissions by investing in a number of independent and international environmental projects from around the world. Each project has an important goal – whether it is to cut down on CO2 pollution, inspire more use of renewable energy or plant more trees.
Direct Line car insurance gives inexperienced drivers the opportunity to build up own Named Drivers No Claims Discounts for when they take out a Direct Line policy. If you are hit by an uninsured driver Direct Line will cover your excess and your no claims discount won’t be affected (comprehensive car insurance cover required). Direct Line car insurance also allows drivers with four years no-claims discount to protect their no-claims discount for an additional premium.
• Vandalism cover that preserves your no claims discount as standard (Comprehensive cover required)
• Extra discount if you insure more than one car (subject to minimum premium)
• Named drivers earn their own named driver no claims discount (for when they take out a Direct Line policy)
Customers can also benefit from:
• If you're hit by an uninsured driver Direct Line cover your excess and you won't lose your No Claims Discount (Comprehensive cover required)
• An exclusive Direct Line home insurance discount
Other Car Insurance Providers